Sunday 5 February 2012

Project 365. One photo everyday for a year...

January 31st 
Went along to a little shoot today in this place. A privately owned 'cinema' in an average Joes back garden. Walking into what can only be described as a garden shed (although fancier than most), I expected to see a larger than normal TV and a few chairs...I was wrong. It was a fully kitted out, 50's style vintage cinema :) Gold velvet curtains, red velvet chairs, ticket booth, old movie posters, it had everything. I felt like I had stepped into a time warp, I loved it. Modern cinemas are so boring...


January 30th 
Anyone who knows me will know how much I love animals, especially dogs. A few weeks ago I answered the phone to a lovely lady telling me about guide dogs. You're probably thinking I got sucked into sponsoring a guide dog, well yes I did. Meet Snowy, my pup. She's just started her training to becoming someone's eyes. The reason I said yes to this isn't only because I love dogs, it's cause I can't imagine for a second not being able to see. Guide dogs give blind people more freedom of movement and means they are not isolated to their own homes and they make great companions. I'm already looking forward to my next 'Pupdate' on Snowys progress :)


January 29th 
Today I got up early and met two of my bestest buddies for a nostalgic trip down memory lane; we visited our school for one last walk about and to say good bye. This was another place I spent a lot of time, the sports hall. Weather it was inside for PE, preparing for whatever sports event we had coming up or sitting outside against the wall in the summer sunning ourselves at lunch, the sports hall was always alive. This is how it looks now...this was taken outside looking in. The side wall had be torn down already :(


January 28th 
I bought this bright red wig ages ago on ebay, I think it was for Halloween but I forgot I had it, I love wigs :) I think I wish I had long red hair now :)


January 27th 
I came home tonight to a lot of updates on facebook telling me they are tearing down my old school. I walked past it the other day and they had already started, all the windows were gone and I could see right into my old Art room, where I spent most of my time there. I came across some old school photos tonight and a leaflet for a play I was in...I have some great memories growing up there.


January 26th 
Bella needs a haircut, one of the reasons I picked her when she was a pup was her little blonde head, makes me smile :) I think she's fed up with my camera in her face...


January 25th 
Another great gig tonight, Snow Patrol. This is them playing one of my favourite songs 'Life-ning' Simple but great.


January 24th 
Beth Jeans Houghton, a great little musical discovery I came across a few months ago. Such a unique voice. This was her tuning her guitar before the show, I like catching people in little quiet moments. I was lucky enough to chat with her afterwards, she said 'Oh you're the girl taking the photos' with a big smile and have me a hug, I think that means we're best friends :)


January 23rd 
When all else fails, turn the camera on yourself. I take other peoples photo all the time and I hate having my photo taken. So this is a case of don't ask someone to do something you wouldn't  do yourself. This relaxed pose didn't last very long, after this I went for a run, the first run I've done since before Christmas. Back in the house ready to crawl in a corner and die when Bella runs to her lead...I took her a walk and crawled back in my corner. Sleepy time.



January 22nd 
Two photos for today. Tonight was a night of firsts, first time seeing Ed Sheeran, first time seeing Explosions in the Sky and first time trying to make two gigs in one night. Great night, this one is Ed. I was allowed to take my camera in if I promised 'not' to use it. Apart from a couple of dodgy blurry shots this was the only decent one I got, see Ed...wayyy back there


 Explosions in the Sky were unreal, the crowed were in a hypotonic state


January 21st 
Wee trip to Springsteens for dinner, they have new sweetie machines :) Reminds me of when I was younger asking my mum for 20p to buy a gobstopper or a bouncy ball if I wasn't in the mood for sweets :)


January 20th 
I met my chum Ray tonight for a nice walk by the sea and hoping he would help me get a photo as I failed again to take one earlier. Ray was no help "take a photo of the moon, take a photo of that lamp-post, take a photo of the hill..." We eventually decided that this was a nice tree, on a hill backlit by a lamp-post :) 


January 19th 
I have a new found respect for rice. I rice. My phone is working again :) I was so pre-occupied with checking that it was still working every 30 seconds that I forgot to take a photo so it's another last minute one. This is for a couple whose wedding I photographed during the summer :)


January 18th 
Day two with no phone...it's currently residing in a box of rice in  a dark cupboard. I was making breakfast and it was raining a little, I was staring at a puddle noticing the nice patterns of the raindrops and it made me wonder how water that can look so nice could hurt my phone so much...


January 17th 
Will now be known as 'The day I dropped my iPhone down the toilet' :( I was sad for the rest of the day and nothing was inspiring me for my photo. I was rummaging about looking for anything to photograph when I came across these socks from an old Halloween costume. I put them on, took a photo, took them off and cried myself to sleep :'(


January 16th 
I might have to start putting my camera in the boot when I drive...another driving shot here. Taken half way up the M2 how could I resist the countless sunbeams. Brightened up my journey and photo in the bag by 10am, great start to the day :)


January 15th 
A while ago I was eating a cupcake covered in tiny red lips, I ate a few but kept a few with the idea of doing something creative with them. For weeks the pouty lips have sat my by computer until today, I decided to draw a little self portrait and give myself some 3D pout. Kisses for everyone :)


January 14th 
Sparkly dancing shoes :) Meet Elaine's feet, covered in glitter and the highest heels ever, so high she made me feel tiny next to her :) She always amazes me how she can walk in these killer heels and still look good...


January 13th 
I will try and limit the dog photos, but this was from our wee stroll on the beach. It was that perfect time of day where the sun is low and the sky changes colours before it gets dark, I love the light it gives off... bloody freezing though. 


January 12th 
Early Thursday morning driving to Belfast, seemed like any other day until this, a rainbow :)  A rainbow is merely a large band of parallel stripes, blended at the rims, which displays the full spectrum of colours that make up the sun's white light. I rainbows. This was also taken while driving, out the side window this time, not as easy as out the front window I might add.


January 11th 
Last minute photo. Working all day, camera by my side the entire time and not one thing I wanted to photograph. It was approaching mid-night when I realised  I still had nothing. Then I came across and old kinder surprise egg, unopened :) Of course the chocolate had been devoured but the toy was still inside waiting to be assembled and photographed. A beautiful spinning top with coloured wings. And I'd like to add I put it together without reading the instructions :)


January 10th 
OK so I'd  first like to say that I am a marvellous driver. FACT. And because of this I am also highly skilled at taking photos when driving. FACT.  Case in point; the pretty head lights of the car in front of me portrayed in an artistically abstract fashion :) Just encase there where any doubts over the two facts stated above :)


January 9th
Today was a long tiring day, either in a car or in a hospital but as bad as it was for me I'm sure wee mum had a worse time. The day had arrived to get her cast off, 9 weeks later and it still looked broke. And cause I have a deathly fear of bones I couldn't look at it, not the reaction she was hoping for...me covering my eyes and rocking back and forth to comfort myself.  Naturally I didn't want to photograph the fracture clinic, so I went home and found this old peacock feather and this is today's shot :)





No comments:

Post a Comment