Thursday 10 May 2012

Project 365. One photo everyday for a year...

May 10th 
My new obsession with earrings has started and grown within two days. Yesterday I went into town to buy Colleen her birthday present and bought 9 pairs of earrings...today I went in again to get a few things I needed and saw a special offer and bought another 18 pairs...and I only have 2 ears. This could be a problem...


May 9th
The sisters birthday today :) Wee surprise birthday cake with a cuppa tea always goes down well in our house. I promised her this wouldn't be my photo for today... :) Happy Birthday sis.

May 8th  
Meet Ray tonight for a walk and a long overdue catch up :) Bella found a high wall with a nice view to look out at. The hanging branches and warm sky was just a lucky advantage.


May 7th 
This morning it's off the Ballymoney for another wedding with Catch :) Not a ridiculously early start like were used to which was nice. Took this wee snap before I left cause I knew it would be a crazy day. I love cherry blossoms, they are easily one of my favourite things about summer time. We have one in the garden and seeing as it's been windy a few wee petals have decorated the ground and mixed in with the grass.


May 6th 
Made myself get up early today as an attempt to get my body back into a normal routine. Wee Bella didn't leave my side all day, my shadow. I was having a wee browse online when I heard a tear and turned round to find he tucking into my 120mm film which has not yet been developed!! I can leave chocolate, sweets, dinner any food unsupervised and she knows not to touch it, but anything paper or tissue like, it's a goner. Not too big an emergency though, I grabbed my camera snapped a photo and then shouted 'NO!'. 


May 5th 
Another wedding today probably on about 4hrs sleep. As soon as I met the Groom and his possy all tiredness disappeared and I knew it was going to be a great day, I love it when I'm right :) We finished up here about 11:30pm and started the 3hr drive home with a 20 power nap at the side of the road. I was so glad to see my bed was unmade, I took a photo jumped in and was out like a light. 


May 4th  
6:30 am start today, off to Donegal for a double wedding with Robin. We had a crazy, partly stressful but mostly fun day with the sweetest little couple ever :) This was taken as we were packing up for the night, probably around 1:30am on my iPhone, Lough Erne estate. 


May 3rd 
Santa came to the Catch studio today and brought a lot of old vintage super 8's. This one is extra special it's a collector's item. Arrived in its original leather case, red velvet lining, instruction manual with all the fixings and best of all, it works :) Excited!


May 2nd 
Caught this wee one on my way to the studio, I love mist. It makes everything look so soft and dreamy.


May 1st 
Every time I walk Bella here I face these steps. This is only half of them. I tell myself, it'll get easier. It doesn't. I used to be able to run up these which only makes me feel worse that walking up them kills me, meanwhile Bella happily runs all the way to the top, comes back down to check I haven't passed out, runs back up, comes back down... and sometimes is sitting waiting for me at the top! My only solace today was stopping to take this picture, onwards and upwards. Four legs are better than two I think.


April 30th 
Today I got to meet the legend that is David Meade. What a lovely, lively energetic man. After chatting about shoes, comfortable clothing,  the weather, food, camera gear and looking at some questionable pictures on his iPhone we parted ways. I barely had the words out to ask him if he would be so kind to be my photo for today when he had his hair fixed glasses straightened and had thrown himself on the sofa ready for his close up :) Great end to this months photos. Thank you Mr. Meade for taking part in my project. 

April 29th 
A great sky tonight, I stopped off at Ballygally beach on my way home to take this. I love pink skies :)


April 28th 
Wedding are fun but they are also such long tiring days, I'm always exhausted the day after. I hate wasting days doing nothing so I made sure I got p early today and went for a walk in the fresh air. I went back to the abandoned house I found, I had this photo in mind, the sun was a lucky advantage. Although there was a lot more wood the last time, proof of life possibly...


April 27th 
I had another wedding today with Catch, off we set early to Enniskillen. Me with the boys Robin with the girls :) Great day. Didn't get home till the wee hours of the morning again so technically this wasn't taken today, but I was still on today's time and tomorrow doesn't officially come until you have slept and woke up again so this still counts :) It was nice that someone left the light on for me knowing that I'm scared of the dark.


April 26th 
I had to nip into town tonight to get a few things. This is from the shop 'White Stuff' they have the best fitting rooms in any shop ever. EVER. They are done up vintage style and each has their own theme. This photo is from 'The Girls Bedroom', little Barbie sitting on the shelf, think I had the same one when I was growing up. I was tempted to put her in my pocket but I didn't, stealing is bad. 


April 25th  
Had to take advantage of the amazing weather today so out we went for a row in the boat. It's so much warmer out at sea when the hot sun is reflecting off the water, best way to spend an afternoon :)


April 24th 
I haven't seen one of these in years, a star stone. I think there is only a few coastlines in Northern Ireland where you can still find these. My Granda used to take us looking for these when we were young, this might be an old one from then. Either way it brings up great memories :) 



April 23rd 
Opened up my emails today from Katrina to one saying 'Go buy the Irish news!' So I did and look what was inside :) Love seeing my work in print, this feeling will never get old.



April 22nd
Out to Belfast tonight for a surprise birthday party, really fun night. I don't trust myself with my camera where alcohol is involved so I took this quick instagram of my shoes instead :)



April 21st 
A wee trip to Derry, before heading back home I had to visit Emma and Miss Farrah.  She's so much fun, we ate some breakfast, danced a little, played keek-a-boo and then had a wee cuddle and she said my name for the first time, this officially makes me her favourite 'auntie'  :) Doesn't she have the best wee smile ever



April 20th 
Today I had the pleasure of photographing Stevie + Meenies  Wedding :)Such a lovely couple and a great fun, relaxed wedding. This is just a wee shot from the morning, I love this part of the day, a few last minute nerves and preparations before leaving the house <3



April 19th  
Another long walk today, went a different route than normal came across this old abandoned house, of course I had a nosey about :) Sofa out the back and it seems someone likes to watch the view from a great height. I left after this...



April 18th 
A long walk today with Bella, sometimes I wish I had her energy, actually all the time, it must be nice to run through flowers with your tongue hanging out.



April 17th 
Along day, sitting in the dark before bed looking out the window contemplating lots...



April 16th 
My wee Bonsai...I've been so busy lately I've been neglecting it, over grown and tatty are not how these trees are supposed to look, I feel bad. 



April 15th  
It's been a long recovery, totally forgot about a photo till I was getting into bed, nice pattern...



April 14th 
Some much needed recovery time today, bloody great night though :) 



April 13th
Was Lucky enough to get tickets to the MTV show tonight Titanic Sounds, lots of drinking, dancing and letting loose, from what I can remember I had a great night :)



April 12th 
This fell out a magazine when I was sorting through tear sheets today, a lovely wee reminder of our shoot on Friday. I took a wee Polaroid as a keepsake, didn't quite turn out perfect but that just makes me like it even more :) 



April 11th 
One of the great things about working for Sugahfix is I get sent to exciting events like this one, The L'Oreal Colour Trophy Hair Show. The competition was about 15 minutes in when I arrived and you could literally feel the concentration and the tension of the hair stylists working away. I loved it! This is hair stylist Suzan from Zuni and her gorgeous model Denisa just doing some last minute touches before the catwalk.



April 10th 
A wee walk tonight with Ray and the hope of a picture. Took this just before Ray lost his balance and nearly pulled me and my camera down with him...fun times.




April 9th
Another day, another shoot. The lovely Sara Cahoon  <3



April 8th 
I got a wee visit from the Easter Bunny today :) 



April 7th 
Another crazy day of shooting for me. Today I had the pleasure of working again with the talented Robin from We Are Catch. If you don't know his work, go look you won't be disappointed. Third stop of the day was Florence Court, since the majority of the day was spent filming this was my only chance for a picture, 22hrs later we were done :)



April 6th 
Base Camp :) What a great day with an amazing creative team. Here we have Miss Sara getting her make-up touched up by Paula, behind them we have Olivia undoing the winds work on Hannah's hair and holding the 'wrigglys' brolly (other sponsors are available) is Ursula. We trekked up and down a huge mountain to get here carrying pieces of furniture, clothes, make-up, suitcases, my camera equipment...my body was aching but my heart was happy, great day :) 



April 5th 
Down a wee visit to aunty B's, I left for 20 mins and came back and their glasses were empty. Tipsy Mum and aunty always leads to storytelling of when they were growing up.  We laughed so much I felt like I'd done an abs workout.  Fun times :)










































No comments:

Post a Comment